Undergraduate and graduate programmes offered by the University iuav of Venice:

specifics on the documents required for application and enrolment


Prospective students holding a foreign qualification must follow these guidelines about the documents to submit when applying and enrolling to a degree programme, in order to have their qualification evaluated for admission:



> declaration of value

It’s a document released by Italian diplomatic-consular missions to holders of a foreign qualification who want to continue their studies in Italy.

It generally contains information helpful for the recognition of foreign degrees, such as:

-         name and legal status of the issuing institution;

-         legal value of the qualification in the country in which it was issued;

-         duration of the programme and/or quantification of the workload required to obtain the qualification.


In case of problems in providing a declaration of value, please contact the admission service (iscrizioni@iuav.it) in order to verify if it can be replaced by:


a) diploma supplement issued in the European Commission format for qualifications of Institutions belonging to the European Higher Education Area.


b) ENIC-NARIC certificate: Iuav is partnered with CIMEA (“Centro di Informazione sulla MobilitÓ e le Equivalenze Accademiche”) for the release of ENIC-NARIC certificates, through the Diplome service.

More details are available on this page.


> translation

All qualifications that are not originally in English or Italian language must be translated into Italian, according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Students and prospective students who are already in Italy can request a sworn translation at a tribunal.

For the programmes of the single didactic units that are not originally in English, the translation does not need to be a sworn translation.


> legalization and Apostille

The authenticity of qualifications and certificates must be guaranteed with a legalization from the Italian diplomatic-consular missions (see the guidelines of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).

Documents released by countries adhering to the Hague Apostille Convention (1961) are exempt from legalization: they must instead be Apostilled by the authorities in charge in each single country (see a list here).

Qualifications from countries adhereing to the European Convention of Brussels of 1987 (Belgium, Denmark, France, Ireland) or from German institutions (Rome Convention, 1969) are exempt from both legalization and Apostille.


Documents must be legalized or Apostilled before requesting a declaration of value or ENIC-NARIC certificate.