Undergraduate and graduate programmes offered by the University iuav of Venice:

 

 

 

 

seat

 

Palazzo Badoer

San Polo 2468

30125 Venice

 

reception desk
tel. +39 041 2571410 / 1424

 

Palazzo Badoer is historically tied to the “house of the priorate of San Giovanni Evangelista” which belonged to the Badoer family. A document from 1350 granted the Badoer family the exclusive right to bury the brothers of the School of S. Giovanni Evangelista. There still exists a cemetery under the large hall of the palace and its presence had specific historical implications on the building’s design plan, which takes the form of a “Z”, making it different from the usual Venetian palace.

 

Subsequent interventions to the building took place in 1712 and were then followed by renovation to the interior of the building. In 1974 the IUAV purchased the palace from the Institute of Santa Caterina, Sisters of Nevers.  In 1978 restoration and maintenance work was begun for converting the palace into the seat of the Department of History of Architecture. From 1993 the palace has housed the degree programmes in history and conservation of cultural and environmental heritage. The restoration of the palace offers students and faculty staff a central seat located in the historical part of the city, close to the Frari complex, with an adjoining garden and a specialized library of considerable value.

 

see the map