Undergraduate and graduate programmes offered by the University iuav of Venice:

Italian Health Service


The new European Health Insurance Card is a benefit to European citizens whose residency is temporarily in another member state. The Card gives access to immediate necessary care under the same conditions as nationals of that same country. It will replace the paper forms that are currently in use (such as the E111 for short stays or holidays, or the E128 for study).

Students from EU countries should request the Health Insurance Card from their local health authorities. However, this Card is only progressively entering in different countries, and therefore students may still be issued an E111 or E128 under the previous system.

Non-EU citizens are required to take out private health insurance before leaving their home country, and to obtain a consular declaration regarding its validity in Italy.

In Italy, you can register to the National Health Service by contacting the ASL (Local Health Authority) of the municipality you reside in. Voluntary registration is subject to the payment of an annual contribution (from 1 January to 31 December). At ASL offices, you will find a list of doctors among which you will need to choose your general practitioner.


First Aid

The service operates daily (even on holidays) from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM for diagnostic and therapeutic visits, pharmaceutical prescriptions, suggestions for specialist treatments, hospital submission, proposed hospitalisation, and for the release of certificates.

Venezia - Santa Croce 496 Piazzale Roma

Ground floor of the Garage Comunale (communal car garage), opposite the vehicle entrance



Emergency phone numbers

> 112 European Emergency number

> 113 Police

> 115 Firemen

> 118 First Aid

> 1522 Women’s Safety



Iuav office

area didattica e servizi agli studenti – front office

Santa Croce, 601 – Campo della Lana

30135 Venezia

tel. (+39) 041 257 1869



back >>