Undergraduate and graduate programmes offered by the University iuav of Venice:

Iuav history

 

Universitą Iuav di Venezia, a brief history

 

1926

Giovanni Bordiga

Founds the Scuola Superiore di Arti, a branch of the Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia

 

1940

The Istituto Universitario di Architettura di Venezia is founded.

 

1954-70

Samoną administration

 

1952

Frank Lloyd Wright visits Iuav

 

1952

Carlo Scarpa, professor of Decoration since 1933, is named professor of Interior Design

 

1963-64

Iuav moves to Tolentini

Enrolment: 1000 students

 

1965

Le Corbusier visits the Iuav

 

1967

Carlo Aymonino and Manfredo Tafuri teach at Iuav

 

1970

Giovanni Astengo coordinates Italy’s first course in Urban Planning in Preganziol

 

1981

University reform. Urban Planning becomes a degree programme at Ca’ Tron

 

1993

12,000 students enrolled in 3 degree programmes

Urban and Regional Planning

History and Conservation of Cultural Heritage

Architecture

 

2000

The Institute becomes a university with 3 faculties:

Architecture

Regional Planning

Arts and Design

 

2013

Three new departments open:

Department of Architecture, Construction and Conservation

Department of Architecture and Arts

Department of Design and Planning in Complex Environments