level I (prerequisite: Bachelor of Arts or Science)
NEW CALL 2017/2019
The application deadline for the fourth edition
POSTPONED 31st January 2017
The specific procedure of application will be available here >>
Go to the page to create your personal account
Registration process: enter the reserved area using your access credentials, or if you are not registered with the
site, proceed to registration by selecting "Registration" from the menu. You must register your name and surname according to your passport credentials or Id card credentials. After completing the registration, wait at least 5 minutes before entering the reserved area.
> Candidates that are already registered with the Website but have lost their access credentials, must contact the front-office of the Didactic Area and Student Services and fax their request for credentials, together with a copy of their own valid identity document, to 041/2571002.
> Select Admission test, Apply to Competition, Professional Master's Programme - FIRST LEVEL, select ERASMUS MUNDUS ON MARITIME SPATIAL PLANNING and follow the instructions provided by the application software. The application will collect all the electronic documents you have to submit (the list is done below). You can submit the scanned documents in several formats, however PDF format is strongly preferred (up to max 5MB).
> Should the system generate a “Malfunctioning” message, please select “Cancel the selected process” and start entering your application again.
You can download “application form_cv_motivation letter” on the material section of this page.
You must finish your electronic submission before the deadline, otherwise your application will not be validated. When done, you will get a receipt.
Please do not send any document by post, the original (or certified copies) will be asked after the selection process..
1. application form dully filled out (pdf form) + photo
2. detailed Curriculum Vitae in English specifying scientific and professional experiences, academic degrees, publications and special skills. Maximum 3 pages (PDF format preferred)
3. letter of motivation in English covering the following aspects: what made you decide to apply to the EMMCMSP Master course, which skills and abilities make you a good candidate for EMMCMSP, your motivations to study abroad, your professional interests and your career goals and expectation. In case of non-European candidates, their goals and interests in coming to Europe for education (statement of purpose) must be included in this letter. Maximum 1 page. The letter must be provided typed (PDF format preferred)
4. two recommendation letters and/or references. The letters (at least two) should be preferably submitted by instructors in a discipline related to your proposed field of study who are in a position to analyze applicant's abilities and academic promise
5. certified copy of academic degree(s) in original language and translated into English, stating the final classification obtained (first university degrees and others - do not send high school diploma) (PDF format preferred). If possible, the title should be legalized in an Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country, with the declaration of value;
Certified copy of academic transcript(s) in original language and translated into English, listing the grade/rank/mark of each discipline/subject attended to obtain each degree (first university degrees and others - do not send high school diploma). All courses taken must be included (PDF format preferred).
6. official proofs of English language proficiency. English language tests accepted are: TOEFL score of minimum 550 (or equivalent) ; IELTS (required overall score of at least 6,5); University of Cambridge (“Certificate of Proficiency in English” or “Certificate in Advanced English”). Other official proof could be admitted,at least according to the C1 level of the European reference scheme for language skills, (PDF format preferred).
Exception: Candidate from English speaking countries or candidate who completed his/her bachelor degree in English as medium of instruction must provide an official letter from his/her university from which he/she graduated attesting that English is the media of instruction (PDF format preferred)
7. official proofs of other language proficiency (optional, where applicable) (PDF format preferred)
8. copy of your passport (preferably) or identification card (PDF format preferred).
9. RULES FROM EACEA:
- a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules;
- a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
Both documents must have been issued within 12 months before the EMMC student scholarship submission deadline, i.e. the consortium's official deadline for student selection.
Specific assistance can be requested at the master secretariat by email:
for more information
Erasmus Mundus on Maritime Spatial Planning
Secretariat at University Iuav of Venice
tel. +39 041 257 2322
Juan L Suįrez de Vivero
Last update: 23/01/2017